Security Operations Specialist
Philadelphia, PA | contract-to-hire
· Monitoring security incident and event management systems, along with responding to alerts and notifications as appropriate
· Investigation of suspicious network and endpoint activity
· Support end-user security issues; including phishing, encryption, infected computer systems and more
· Partners with information security engineers to implement and maintain security technologies
· Collaborates with information assurance advisors to address network and endpoint security risks
· Other duties assigned as needed
· 2+ years of experience in information technologies, such as server or endpoint administration, first or second level support, network support or engineering, or application administration
· 2+ year of experience in information security, such as security operations and incident response, vulnerability management, security engineering or similar experience
· Experience in healthcare and academia preferred
· Information security certifications, such as Security+, Network+, CCNA Security, GSEC, GCIA, GCFA, GPEN, CEH preferred
· Familiarity with security standards and frameworks such as: HIPAA, PCI DSS, HITRUST, NIST, ISO, etc.
· Experience with penetration testing tools, such as Kali Linux, Responder, NMAP, Wireshark, Aircrack-ng, Maltego, Nikto, etc.
· Bachelor's degree in any discipline