Business Risk Services – Attest Services IT Manager
Chicago, IL | direct hire
· Oversee the efforts of client engagements; plan, execute, direct, and complete SOC 1, 2 and 3 projects as well as other special attest reports in a wide variety of industries; and manage to budget.
· Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management
· Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership material
· Review operational, financial, and technology processes to provide management with an individual assessment of business risk, internal control, and the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the process as well as the risks associated with Sarbanes Oxley as it pertains to internal controls.
· Work closely with clients and staff to develop client and project risk assessments, implement opportunities, and recommendations regarding business and IT process optimization, profit improvement, internal control, and compliance.
· Work with audit and assurance teams and the client to plan engagement strategy, define objectives, and address controls risks.
· Manage the evaluation and testing of business processes and business controls and identification of areas of risk.
· Manage SOX engagements and the preparation of Service Audit Reports (SAR) in compliance with SSAE 16.
· Manage internal auditing outsourcing and co-sourcing engagements for clients.
· Think strategically about practice enhancements and be able to implement and manage change.
· Handle day-to-day practice and client administrative matters (billing, performance reviews, client acceptance, engagement letter preparation, etc.)
· Use established network of business relationships within industry groups to generate new sales opportunities.
· Maintain strong client relations and cross-sell services within the assigned group of clients.
· Recruit and retain managers, senior associates, and associates.
· Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services
· Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence
· Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews
· Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the services delivered
· Interview campus and/or experienced candidates
· Other duties as assigned
· 6 - 10 years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function servicing cross-industry clients at a national level.
· CPA, CISA, CISSP, CIA or CISM license/certification.
· Experience in public accounting or equivalent delivering controls-based services including SOC reports, auditing Information Technology General Controls (ITGC’s.)
· Experience performing operational and system audits and consulting projects.
· Outstanding experience in staff and audit management in an integrated client service team.
· Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.
· Demonstrated experience in practice development, business development, and managing other managers.
· Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
· Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
· Outstanding leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
· Computer expertise including knowledge of audit-preparation software and an understanding of the impact of technology.
· Ability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, MIS or related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.