Controls Process Advisory, Senior Manager
Arlington, VA | direct hire
· Review operational, financial, and technology processes to provide management with an individual assessment of business risk, internal control, and the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the process as well as the risks associated with Sarbanes Oxley as it pertains to internal controls over financial reporting
· Manage internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing engagements for clients
· Manage the risk identification process and evaluation and testing of business processes and related controls
· Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services
· Work closely with Grant Thornton managers and partners to promptly identify and resolve client problems or issues
· Work collaboratively with other lines of service and practice areas to deliver other services as needed
· Work closely with clients and staff to develop client and project risk assessments, implement opportunities, and recommendations regarding business and IT process optimization, profit improvement, cost reduction, fraud prevention, internal control, and compliance.
· Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence
· Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management
· Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership material
· Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality
· Understand and manage firm risk on audits and proposals
· Work with the National BRS practice teams in terms of practice directions and leadership
· Think strategically about practice enhancements and be able to implement and manage change
· Handle day-to-day practice and client administrative matters (billing, performance reviews, client acceptance, engagement letter preparation, etc.)
· Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization)
· Maintain strong client relations and cross-sell services within the assigned group of clients
· Use established network of business relationships within industry groups to generate new sales opportunities
· Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work
· Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the services delivered
· Recruit and retain managers, senior associates, and associates
· Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews
· Interview campus and/or experienced candidates
· Other duties as assigned
· 10+ years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function servicing cross-industry clients at a national level.
· Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 experience preferred.
· Experience performing financial, operational, and system audits, as well as business process control reviews.
· Outstanding experience in staff and audit management in an integrated client service team.
· Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.
· Demonstrated experience in practice development, business development, and practice managers.
· Ability to be a trusted advisor to a client and to bring new and innovated ideas and best practices.
· Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
· Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
· Outstanding leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
· Ability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed.
· Ability to travel
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, MIS or related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
· CPA, CIA or similar certification required.