Data Protection and Privacy Senior Manager
San Francisco, CA | direct hire
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Execution of assigned client engagements from start to finish, which includes the engagement planning, directing, and completion of privacy impact assessments, compliance assessments, and other related privacy projects while managing those engagements to budget.
- Apply current knowledge of data protection and privacy trends and to issues and other opportunities for improvement.
- Assist clients in planning and executing implementation plans identified in assessment activities.
- Work with the client to plan an engagement strategy, define objectives, and address technology- related controls risks and issues.
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve problems and make recommendations for improvements.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Work closely with Consulting Firm partners, principals, and managing directors to promptly identify and resolve client problems or issues.
- Identify, research, and develop market alliance relationship with leading privacy solution providers.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Ten + years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function, servicing cross- industry clients at a national level.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA privacy, Privacy Shield, GDPR, CANSPAM, and other privacy regulations, and privacy framework especially as it relates to building a privacy and data protection for global organizations.
- Experience in working with data mapping and data discovery methodologies and solutions.
- Experience in working with industry leading privacy solutions such as Nymity, Prifender, OneTrust, PrivacyCheq, PrivacyPerfect, etc.
- Experience in Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solution and DLP managed services is a plus.
- Certification(s) Preferred: Obtained or demonstrates an active pursuit of one or more of the following certifications: Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM), Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT), Certified Information Security Manager
- Experience in project management and the ability to clearly communicate data protection and privacy issues verbally on both a formal and informal basis to all levels of client staff.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel on a regular basis to clients as required.
- Travel for this position can go as high as 60%.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree such as a J.D. is a significant plus.