Director- Cyber Security & Information Management
Lehigh Valley, PA | direct hire
Our client is a leading corporation and a chief employer in both the Lehigh Valley and the Washington, DC, metropolitan area. This employer values professional growth, unique perspectives and employee empowerment. As such, it is committed to providing an inclusive, diverse environment that fosters innovation and technological advancement. Here, employee partners are afforded opportunities to fully realize challenging, rewarding careers.
Director- Cyber Security & Information Management
Lehigh Valley Area/Washington DC Area
Reporting to the CIO, this senior leadership position has the responsibility for the overall management and strategic direction in both cyber security and information management. Key functions include oversight of overall cyber security strategy, policies and investment plan, as well oversight of enterprise data governance, data tool selection and data architecture. This position has ultimate accountability in leading the charge to enable a future that improves our cyber security posture while also leveraging data to enable improved experiences for our employees and our customers.
1. Leads a team of managers responsible for cyber security, information governance, business Intelligence and other related activities in support of business objectives and strategy.
2. Works closely with customers to develop and execute an overall data strategy and roadmaps for the company.
3. Overall responsibility for Cyber Security policies and procedures, which requires staying abreast of IT Security trends and best practices, and incorporating them into policies and procedures, as appropriate.
4. Ensures development, implementation and monitoring of necessary controls and procedures to effectively protect information technology assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure or destruction.
5. Develops and provides oversight of the tools and processes for the identification of data sources, and efficient and error free retrieval of information from our digital systems.
6. Leads the overall process for information governance within the company including facilitation of associated committees, procedure oversight and stewardship.
7. Leads the cyber security team, responsible for overall cyber security governance, architecture risk assessment and oversight.
8. Leads the business intelligence and data architects who are responsible for warehousing of digital data and building reports and integration tools to make it more accessible to customers.
9. Leads a team of centralized data scientists responsible for providing analytics capabilities for corporate projects as well as standard tools and procedures for analysts throughout the companies.
10. Effectively communicates with clients, peers, and interdepartmental management in business matters involving cyber security and information.
11. Ensures that the organization has the appropriate tools, processes and people so that data is used securely, efficiently and effectively throughout the organization.
12. Relentlessly pursues new opportunities to learn from system problems, improve performance, and provide new opportunities to use data in ways that improve performance of the grid at a lower cost.
13. Responsible for the overall budget and cost performance for the Cyber Security and organization, serving as a steward for the company's investments in this domain.
14. Provides appropriate and timely feedback to staff and ensures the appropriate development of strategic, leadership and technical skills within the area of responsibility.
15. Works with Supply Chain to lead for the origination and administration of technical contracts within area of responsibility.
16. In-person supervision of employees to ensure compliance with FLSA wage and hour issues as well as to monitor compliance with safety rules.
17. Physical presence in the office/on-site to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.
18. May be assigned an emergency role. This is a special assignment that comes into play during emergencies when the company needs to respond to issues affecting customer service. This role may necessitate the need to work after-hours, outside of your normal schedule.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer/Data Science, Information Technology, Data Analytics, Cyber/Information Security, Engineering or a related degree
· Five or more years of related experience
· Five or more years of direct supervisory experience
· Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excitement, curiosity and passion for shaping the future through digital technology
· MBA or Master’s Degree in a related field
· Cyber Security Certifications: CISSP, CISM, or CISA
· Expertise in machine learning, data architecture data analytics, and information governance