Lead Cybersecurity Architect
Lehigh Valley, PA | direct hire
Our client is a leading corporation and a chief employer in both the Lehigh Valley and the Washington, DC, metropolitan area. This employer values professional growth, unique perspectives and employee empowerment. As such, it is committed to providing an inclusive, diverse environment that fosters innovation and technological advancement. Here, employee partners are afforded opportunities to fully realize challenging, rewarding careers.
Lead Cybersecurity Architect
Lehigh Valley Area/Washington DC Area
The Cyber Security Architect sets direction and rules for enterprise-wide management IT security risk (e.g., DLP, IDS, NERC CIP), measure outcomes, and directs the applicable management action.
The Lead level is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization and works independently, under minimal guidance from supervisor. Progression to Lead level is limited on the basis of business requirement.
Leads projects, analyzes and solves complex problems, and recommends solutions in the below areas.
Cybersecurity Architecture Design:
· Develop, document, manage and implement an Enterprise wide Security Framework, Strategy and Roadmap, that outlines and defines the tactical, operational and strategic plan for cyber security
· Develop a working catalog of cybersecurity systems after assessing in-use network and security technologies
· Design and develop logical and physical security architectures, reference models, and reference architectures
· Determine how the components included in a system architecture should be organized to ensure that security requirements are met
· Design public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software
· Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements
· Identify functional and technical cybersecurity requirements, integration needs and prepare cost estimates
· Integrate technical, managerial, and financial considerations when sponsoring solutions
· Track and understand emerging cybersecurity practices and standards by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
· Research information security standards, conducting system security and vulnerability analyses, and risk assessments, studying architecture/platform evolution
· Develop criteria to assess and validate IT security risks (e.g., DLP, IDS, NERC CIP) and relevant security architectures
· Provide technical and thought leadership for the development of security architectures
· Apply a working knowledge of security models and methods for integrating security into a system architecture
Assess security system performance and review compliance and incident response reports to ensure compliance to standards, policies, and
Identify security gaps, and evaluate enhancements
Provide oversight to collection and analysis of system security reports and summarize data and trends
· Assist in resolving security problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies
Physical presence in the office/on-site to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.
May be assigned an emergency role. This is a special assignment that comes into play during emergencies when the company needs to respond to issues affecting customer service. This role may necessitate the need to work after-hours, outside of your normal schedule.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the
required employment eligibility form upon hire.
1. Bachelor's degree and 7 years of related work experience OR 10 years of related work experience
2. Experience with NIST, NERC CIP, SOX and PCI requirements
3. Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks
4. Highly self-motivated and directed with attention to detail
5. Easily adapts to changing circumstances
6. Understands business goals and strategic priorities
7. Promotes respect and can work effectively with diverse groups and environments
1. Experience supporting fast-changing business organizations
2. NERC CIP Compliance Analysis Certification, System Operator Certification, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC Critical Infrastructure Protection Security Certification