Lead IT Security Specialist
Lehigh Valley, PA | direct hire
Our client is a leading corporation and a chief employer in both the Lehigh Valley and the Washington, DC, metropolitan area. This employer values professional growth, unique perspectives and employee empowerment. As such, it is committed to providing an inclusive, diverse environment that fosters innovation and technological advancement. Here, employee partners are afforded opportunities to fully realize challenging, rewarding careers.
Lead IT Security Specialist
The Security Specialist is responsible for activities within assigned functional area:
Manages threat / vulnerability management (IDS), active defense and response, security analytics, and security incident management.
Responsible for data access controls, data loss prevention, data encryption and key management, data privacy and regulatory requirements, and data access audits.
IT Access Management:
Creates and manages the policies, tools, and activities that promote permission-based access to information, identity verification, IDM, user personal information protection, and role management.
The Lead level is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization and works independently, under minimal guidance from supervisor. Progression to Lead level is limited on the basis of business requirement.
Leads projects, analyzes and solves complex problems, and recommends solutions in the below areas.
· Track and understand emerging security practices and standards by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
· Research information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; identifying integration issues
· Develop criteria to assess and validate IT security risks (e.g., DLP, IDS, NERC CIP) and relevant security architectures
· Assess security system performance by conducting tests (e.g., penetration testing)
· Maintain security by monitoring, ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; and conducting training programs
· Upgrades security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements
· Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
· Assist in resolving security problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies
· Utilize intrusion detection systems (IDS’s) to monitor network system (LANs, WANs, VPNs, routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices) for indicators of compromise (IOCs)
· Integrate technical, managerial, and financial considerations when sponsoring solutions
Network and Data Security:
· Conduct ongoing review of multiple systems and sources to detect network access, network intrusion, and information integrity compliance risks
· Proactively identify potential network threats and cyber threats, and recommend preemptive remedial actions
· Investigate network security events, conducting root-cause analysis to identify threats for recurring incidents
· Monitor and track incidents related to network access, network intrusion, cyber security, and regulatory compliance
· Troubleshoot, diagnose network problems, and implement corrective action within prescribed guidelines to mitigate impact to business continuity
· Support restoration of secure network services as quickly as possible while limiting business impact
· Assist in minor network or system configuration changes to improve system security and meet regulatory requirements
· Ensure that systems and data management protocols adhere to regulatory requirements
· Conduct activities related to data loss prevention (DLP), data encryption, key management, data privacy and regulatory requirements, and data access audits
IT Access Management:
· Research, design, and implement Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions for systems to ensure the appropriate context-based and permission-based security policies are enforced on users and their devices and real-time
· Conduct activities pertaining to identity verification, IDM, user personal information protection, and role management
Physical presence in the office/on-site to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.
May be assigned an emergency role. This is a special assignment that comes into play during emergencies when the company needs to respond to issues affecting customer service. This role may necessitate the need to work after-hours, outside of your normal schedule.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
1. Bachelor's degree and 7 years of related work experience OR 10 years of related work experience
2. Splunk or similar SIEM experience creating searches and understanding how to pivot in the data fields to investigate
3. Ability to mine and respond to Indicators of Compromise (IOCs)
4. Understanding of the advanced persistent threat (APT) kill chain
5. Understanding of hacker/advanced persistent threat (APT) tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
6. Understanding and analysis of event logging from many different devices
7. Experience with NIST, NERC CIP, SOX and PCI requirements
8. Ability to perform packet analysis
9. Understanding of malware and malware behavior
10. Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks. Highly self-motivated and directed with attention to detail. Easily adapts to changing circumstances
11. Understands business goals and strategic priorities
1. Master’s Degree
2. NERC CIP Compliance Analysis Certification, System Operator Certification, GIAC Critical Infrastructure Protection Security Certification
3. Experience supporting fast-changing business organizations