Supervisor–Cyber & Information Security
Lehigh Valley, PA | direct hire
Our client is a leading corporation and a chief employer in both the Lehigh Valley and the Washington, DC, metropolitan area. This employer values professional growth, unique perspectives and employee empowerment. As such, it is committed to providing an inclusive, diverse environment that fosters innovation and technological advancement. Here, employee partners are afforded opportunities to fully realize challenging, rewarding careers.
Supervisor–Cyber & Information Security
Lehigh Valley Area/Washington DC Area
The Supervisor - Cyber & Information Security, under direct supervision of the Manager - Cybersecurity, has first-line supervisory responsibility for the Cyber Security Architects who set enterprise-wide rules managing Information Security and Cyber risks (e.g., DLP, Threat Management, Intrusion Detection etc.).
· Oversee program to prepare organization for active threat and vulnerability defense and remediation, and security incident management
· Oversee program for data access controls, data loss prevention, data encryption and key management, data privacy and regulatory requirements, data access audits
· Manage the baseline minimum standard for Information Security controls, aligning them to industry standards and legal and regulatory requirements
· Oversee metrics program to give quantitative insight into security posture
· Manage the risks associated with exceptions to Information Security policy and standards
· Assist Director and Mangers as they align the new PPL IT vision and way of working with industry-leading security practices
· Coach and mentor employees. Provide specific, timely, and constructive performance feedback
· Collect staff performance data against established service level
General Management & Decision Making:
· Provide day-to-day leadership and operational management in area of responsibility
· Execute objectives, plans and policies for area of responsibility in line with Enterprise and IT Organization level strategy
· Help coordinates resourcing and impact of multiple projects simultaneously within area of responsibility.
· Provide input to manager on employee performance and on specific unit operations
· Be on the lookout for new opportunities to leverage technology for continuous improvement and outsourced services for greater efficiency
· Contribute to the development of budgets for area of responsibility and assists in the preparation of operational plans for the IT department
· Oversee area of responsibility to adhere to approved budgets
· Assist in communications that involve coordinating support and issue resolution or require a high level of interpersonal and negotiation skills
· Utilize negotiation and persuasion to come to agreement with others
· In-person supervision of employees to ensure compliance with FLSA wage and hour issues as well as to monitor compliance with safety rules.
· Physical presence in the office/on-site to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.
· May be assigned an emergency role. This is a special assignment that comes into play during emergencies when the company needs to respond to issues affecting customer service. This role may necessitate the need to work after-hours, outside of your normal schedule.
· Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.
· In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
· Bachelor's degree and 3 years of related work experience
· Demonstrated project management skills
· Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Incumbent must effectively deal with rapid technological and business change
· Excitement, curiosity, and passion for shaping the future through digital technology
Certifications: CISSP, CISM, and CISA