Business Risk Services - Controls Advisory IT Audit - Senior Associate
Philadelphia, PA | direct hire
Our client is a national consulting firm with a business risk services team focused on cyber risks. Their cyber risk professionals help companies build cybersecurity strategy into the overall business strategy to fend off third-party, criminal and internal risk, and guard proprietary and customer data.
Business Risk Services Controls Advisory Innovation and IT Audit Senior Associate
The Business Risk Services Controls Advisory Innovation and IT Audit Senior Associate is responsible for delivering a full range of services to clients and all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients. Responsibilities include planning, directing and completing information systems audits and business process control review engagements; developing and supervising staff; and assisting in client management and practice development activities. What makes this position unique among your job opportunities is that we ask our IT Seniors to help us look for innovative new solutions in the market – and to deliver those solutions with us. We don’t just want auditors or consultants, we want innovators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Look for new solutions to old problems with leading edge technologies. Help us deliver IT Control assessments with the latest in cognitive intelligence and other analytic tools.
· Run client engagements from start to completion, which includes planning, executing, and completing information systems audits and business process control reviews, and managing to budget.
· Work with management consulting teams or clients to implement controls in new systems deployments or evaluate controls post-implementation.
· Supervise, train and mentor associates and interns on audit and review process and assess the performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed.
· Evaluate and test IT General Controls and associated IT Application/Automated Controls, and identify areas of risk.
· Apply current knowledge of IT trends and systems processes to identify security and risk management issues and other opportunities for improvement.
· Perform general computer and application controls reviews.
· Prepare Special Attestation Reports (SAR) in compliance with AICPA guidance.
· Participate in internal auditing outsourcing and co-sourcing arrangements for clients.
· Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform applicable BRS services.
· Assist partners and senior management on proposals and business development calls.
· Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
· Working with BRS team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit and review process.
· Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve problems and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
· Identify sales opportunities for other service offerings based upon information provided by clients and/or client discussions.
· Participate in recruiting efforts (both campus and experienced hire) as needed.
· Assist practice leadership in creating proposals, budgets, and work plans. Participate in other business development activities as appropriate.
· Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field, or Bachelor’s degree in business with technical experience. A Master’s degree is a plus.
· Understanding or familiarity with basic coding (programming) principles in any common object-oriented programming language (python, java, PHP, VBA, etc.).
· One to six years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function servicing cross-industry clients at a national level.
· Security experience or security training, and Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 experience is preferred.
· Areas of expertise should include at least some of the following: access control software, security architecture and administration, Internet use/firewalls, network security awareness and enforcement, security policies and standards, operating systems.
· Ability to supervise staff and lead projects.
· Experience auditing common ERP systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle products, Microsoft Dynamics products) is a plus.
· Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
· Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
· Strong leadership, recruiting, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
· Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills. Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
· Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel on a regular basis to clients as required.