Business Risk Services – Attest Services IT Audit - Manager
Boston, MA | direct hire
Our client is a national consulting firm with a business risk services team focused on cyber risks. Their cyber risk professionals help companies build cybersecurity strategy into the overall business strategy to fend off third-party, criminal and internal risk, and guard proprietary and customer data.
Business Risk Services – Attest Services Manager
The Business Risk Services (BRS) Attest Manager is responsible for all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities include planning, directing, and completing engagements related to Service Organization Controls (SOC) readiness reviews and audits; and developing and managing staff. The BRS Attest Manager works closely with partners and staff on client management, practice development, and business development. The BRS Attest Manager is responsible for an assigned group of clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Plan, conduct and help manage SOC readiness assessments, assessing the design of controls, assess the fair representation of controls, testing of controls as of a point in time and over a period of time and report writing/development.
· Projects may also include internal audit and/or other control related engagements.
· Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
· Manage, direct, and monitor client services teams on multiple engagements; plan, execute, direct, and complete engagements in a wide variety of industries; and manage to budget.
· Understand and manage firm risk on audits and proposals.
· Develop a project vision and set challenging personal and client service team goals.
· Develop, train, and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
· Work with teams and the client to plan engagement strategy, define objectives, and address process and technology-related controls risks.
· Think strategically about practice enhancements and be able to embrace change.
· Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met, and lead change efforts effectively.
· Consult, work with, and service client base to make recommendations on business, process and technology improvement and serve as a business advisor to client.
· Work closely with partners, managers, and staff to integrate practice development skills into a team approach to client service and new business development.
· Maintain strong client relations and cross-sell services within the assigned group of clients.
· Recruit and retain associates.
· Coach associates in developing and achieving goals and objectives for performance and professional development
· Required Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, MIS or another business degree. A Masters degree is a plus.
· CPA designation preferred. Other relevant designations such as CISA are a plus.
· Total of three to five years of progressive experience in public accounting or equivalent delivering and managing related audit services with experience in a medium- to large-sized public accounting firm. One year recent experience providing SOC services and experience leading audit engagement teams as the lead senior.
· Mastered the processes of preparing engagement working papers, and is able to teach others.
· Experience performing financial, operational, and system audits, as well as business process control reviews.
· Strong experience in staff and audit management in an integrated client service team.
· Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.
· Client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
· Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced interactive, results-based team environment.
· Leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
· Computer expertise including knowledge of audit-preparation software and an understanding of the impact of technology.
· Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel on a regular basis to clients as required.
· Preferred Skills and Experience:
· Audit, internal audit, IT audit, security experience or training and/or Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 experience.
· Practice development experience.
· Additional Information:
· Travel 60%