Manager, Infrastructure Risk
Bethesda, MD | direct hire
Manager, Infrastructure Risk
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Minimum 8 years related years of experience
· Minimum 5 years of work related experience in technology
· Minimum 3 years in a people management role
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
· Active in the technology industry; equipped with external networking relationships to maintain relevant knowledge of best practices, tactics, strategies and technologies
· Self-starter; adaptable to change; motivated to set personal and program goals and proactively track performance against goals.
· Experience working with Risk, Security or Audit frameworks (i.e., COBIT, COSO, ISO 27001/2, NIST 800-53, AICPA).
· Strong understanding of technology processes, risks and issues including infrastructure, information security, SDLC and Service Management (knowledge within cloud computing is preferred, specifically AWS)
· Capable of identifying, evaluating and mitigating significant risks within an enterprise.
· Basic knowledge of SOC2 attestation reports.
· Strong working experience with Microsoft Office Suite and GRC tools.
· Must have and maintain at least one of the following certification: CISSP, CISA, CRISC or equivalent designation.
· Ability to document and explain risks and vulnerabilities to both business and technical stakeholders
· Must have past experience performing vulnerability research and reporting.
· Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to work well with others and in a collaborative, complex and fast paced environment.
· Possesses strong analytical skills
As a condition of employment, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
IT Infrastructure is looking for a Risk Manager to help manage and oversee technology based risks. The successful candidate would be responsible for identifying, prioritizing, monitoring and reporting technology risks and controls including performing risk and controls assessments.
Key Job Functions
· Understand and articulate risks associated with technology processes and IT general controls and identify process and control gaps proactively
· Liaise across relevant business, technology, and control functions to prioritize risks, challenge technology risk decisions, assumptions and tolerances, and drive appropriate risk response.
· Contribute to the establishment of metrics and tools to assess and report on inherent risks, control strength and residual risk in a consistent and objective manner.
· Assist with the development and validation of remediation plans for technology deficiencies by providing effective challenge.
· Monitor internal and external business, regulatory and technology environment to identify new or emerging risks and verify remediation of issues.