Four To-Dos, To Do First
It's a pleasure to welcome you as a member of the Ashling Team Cybersecurity Community, which is comprised of seasoned, novice and aspiring professionals.
We revel in being different, so our community also includes recruiters who specialize exclusively in cybersecurity careers. Plus, our interactive job board presents you with a variety of opportunities, at various levels, across a myriad of industries.
Ashling Team is excited to learn more about and from you, so following are a few to-dos, to do first.
- Complete Your Profile. There’s likely more that you have in common with other community members than you know. However, the key to this discovery (and being discovered for job opportunities) is a full profile. So, if you haven’t already, be sure to answer the handful of brief profile questions. Then, post a ‘hello’ in the Live Feed.
- Select Your Notification Preferences. You don’t want to miss anything, but you may not want an alert about everything either. You can find the ‘notifications’ tab on your profile page and select accordingly.
- Post One Thing You’re Excited About Right Now. Going to DefCon and looking to connect with peers? Post! Considering completing a certification? Post! Thrilled with a new Job? Post! Sharing and networking in the Ashling Team community is easy!
- Grab the Free Ashling Team App. Download it from the Apple Store or Google Play to stay engaged with members and abreast of job opps on-the-go.
Take a Quick Tour
The Ashling Team Cybersecurity Community makes it easy to meet other cybersecurity pros and to find information and opportunities specific to your career path, without the distractions often found on other platforms. Tap each tab and poke around every page, so you can ensure you’re getting the most out of your community experience.
The Live Feed
Filter according to:
- News & Posts
- Job Opportunities
- Trips & Check-ins
- Your Own Posts (a.k.a. Publications)
- Or, forget the filter and select ‘All Items’
Click the ‘+’ symbol to:
- Write a post
- Create an event
- Share your location
- Invite colleagues to join the community
Seek and find:
- Ashling Articles on career advancement, job hunt hacks and more.
- Job Opportunities
The Fine Print
We’re doing something a bit different here in the Ashling Team Cybersecurity Community. We need every member’s help to ensure its integrity, value and safety. That said, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Share stories, experiences and insight, rather than criticism.
- Refrain from trolling.
- Don’t spam, sell or solicit.
We want to ensure your time here in the Ashling Team Cybersecurity Community is worthwhile. Message Candice, your friendly community manager, at any time. But first things first! Please finish your profile and post a ‘hello’ or ‘intro’ in the Live Feed, so we can all meet you!